Overhead dumbbell extension: - This is a very great and useful exercise that targets the biggest part of our triceps that is the long head of triceps which is on the backside of your arm. This exercise is also known as an overhead tricep extension. This exercise can be done by dumbbell as well as on machine too.
How to do an overhead dumbbell extension?
- Firstly you need a bench with a little lower back support.
- Now you have to lift the dumbbell placed on the floor then put it on your shoulder.
- After placing it on the shoulder you need to sit on the bench. Place your back on the pad of the bench. Also, widen your legs a little bit.
- Now take your hands and grab the dumbbell in a diamond grip.
- Now lift the dumbbell, the face of the dumbbell should be in front.
- Now lock your elbows and let your arms go down slowly and then bring back the dumbbell to the initial position.
- Now repeat step 6 and perform the expected number of repetitions.
Follow Below Image:-
Common Mistakes Done During overhead dumbbell extension
- The first common mistake done while performing this exercise is posture. What people do is fold their back while performing this exercise which may lead to injury in the lower back. Your back should remain straight.
- The second commonly done mistake is related to gripping. What most people do is they hold dumbbells from the center which is wrong. While performing this exercise your grip should be in a diamond shape as shown in the figure.
- A third common mistake is the range of motion. What people do is they lift a weight too heavy because of which they are not able to complete the motion.
- A fourth common mistake is that while doing this exercise people do a lot of jerk (use of momentum) which may lead to an elbow injury and it’s a serious issue. This is done when they lift to heavyweights.
- Try to do a quality number of reps instead of quantity. What some people do is that they perform an exercise at a very fast pace which not good, try to make the body-mind connection and perform reps slowly so that the weight goes on muscle overhead dumbbell extension.
Also Read : Related Health and Fitness by Clicking Here. Get unlimited coupons click here. For Yoga tips Click here. Check out latest movies and web series from Here Get favorite movies from Here Want gadget info? Click Here. Please don' forget to Bookmark This site and get back Again. We keep on Adding everyday new Contents. So Please don't forget to Subscribe our News Letter.
Don't Forget to Share this topic with your Friends. You can just share this on Facebook,Twitter and You can also E-Mail.